“The Heart of Coaching”
What if: You were able to get the feedback you need, when you need it, to improve yourself and your performance – and the performance of those around you. Collegial Coaching gives you the specific coaching skills to give and receive feedback and coaching with others whom you depend on, especially in these challenging COVID times.
When: 8 ZOOM sessions on consecutive Tuesdays start August 25th at 10 AM PDT/1 PM EDT. Classes are 90 minutes, are limited to no more than 20 participants, and the total time commitment is ~30 hours, half of which is direct application of skills.
Skills: You will learn our Collegial Coaching competencies…check which ones would help you most right now in your current role…
- form trusting coaching relationships with colleagues
- set explicit performance expectations (vision, strategy, mission, goals, and core values)
- deliver actionable feedback (timely, specific, and helpful)
- ask effective questions that create learning
- listen carefully to responses to build trust
- share positive accountability for outcomes
- collaborate on options to build “buy-in”
- make commitments to mutual action
- set explicit follow-up expectations
- ensure support for success is present
For Whom: This course is designed for Senior Executives, Managers, Front-Line Supervisors, and Individual Contributors – anyone who gets work done by, with and through others. Attendees will learn and apply a robust communication toolkit where there is a dual focus on relationships and performance, leading to dramatically more effective coaching.
Features: Thomas Crane, author of “The Heart of Coaching” and “The Rise of the Coachable Leader”, is the course instructor, and will be available for direct one-on-one email and phone support. Sessions will be recorded for those who miss them. An Online Forum will support cohort conversations and learning. Course is tailored when delivered inside an organization. Client testimonials
Includes full course workbook, and copies of BOTH books.
Session 1 – Overview, Learning Protocols, Expectations, Learning Partner/Coach, Self-introductions, plus the Foundation Phase that sets up success
Session 2 – Coaching Language & In-the-Moment Coaching Shorthand
Session 3 – Asking deeply powerful Learning Questions to Collaboratively Problem-Solve plus the After-Action-Review
Session 4 – The 7 Keys and 7 Qualities we must understand about Feedback, plus how to deliver both Positive and Negative Feedback
Session 5 – The function and flow of the Feedback Loop and Forwarding-the-Action Phases of the Roadmap
Session 6 – A full and robust Transformational Coaching simulation/practice including documentation, debrief, and feedback
Session 7 – Positive Accountability, Coachability, Coaching Contract for personal behavioral change
Session 8 – Taking the skills back to work through Implementation Planning, and Graduation
- Pre-work for first class – reading portions of “The Heart of Coaching”, completing self-assessment, two 30-minute webinars, and a short article.
- Each session format will consist of: review results and experiences since last session, new skills (the performance opportunity, the solution, a demonstration, a practice segment, Q & A), and homework to be completed before next session.
- Each person will be paired with a partner (Learning Coach) who will support you with practicing, debriefing, and being a confidential sounding board, etc.
- Participants are expected to check in with their Direct Manager at least 2 times over the course of the 8-week program to share their insights and ensure active support.
- There will be a secure website portal that contains an exclusive class Forum for participant’s experiences, topical dialogue, questions and responses, and inspirational success stories.
To Pay Online: Fill out the form on the right for instant access.
To Pay by Check:
Mail a check to:
11052 Picaza Pl,
San Diego, CA 92127
Include a note with your check with…
- Name of the Course (“Open Enrollment 820”)
- Your First & Last name
- Your Company & Title (if employed)
- Your Physical Address (where we should mail materials)
- Your email address